Quarterly Compliance for Bihar
- Thursday 20th June 2019
- Author: Shreya Uppal
The RERA Act, 2016 became effective from 1st May, 2016 with 69 sections notified out of 92 sections.
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation notified the RERA rules for RERA Bihar on 27 April, 2017 to protect buyer’s interest, enhance professionalism and ensure transparency in the real estate sector. To infuse transparency into the system and have a Control Mechanism over the ongoing projects of the registered developers, the RERA Authority has come up with the Quarterly Compliance.
The RERA Act, 2016 became effective from 1st May, 2016 with 69 sections notified out of 92 sections. The Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation notified the RERA rules for RERA Bihar on 27 April, 2017 to protect buyer’s interest, enhance professionalism and ensure transparency in the real estate sector.
To infuse transparency into the system and have a Control Mechanism over the ongoing projects of the registered developers, the RERA Authority has come up with the Quarterly Compliance system. As per Section 4(2)(I)(D) of the RERA Act, 2016 a separate account has to be maintained in which 70% of the amount collected from the homebuyers shall be deposited which shall strictly be used by the developer in its project only. After submitting documents of quarterly compliance with the banks stating the % completion of work, this separate account amount can be withdrawn. Hence, this act as a tool of governance to verify the actions.
What is Quarterly Compliance?
1. Every quarter the developers need to submit various documents regarding their proportionate completion of the project.
2. The trio of sequential documents of Architect Certificate (Form 1), Engineer Certificate (Form 2) and Chartered Accountant Certificate (Form 3) is categorized as RERA Return.
3. Also, the no. of flats sold, booked and leased with their respective construction status need to be informed.
4. The RERA Quarterly Compliance Checklist includes the following:
(a) % of Water Supply completion.
(b) % Completion of Internal Walls, Internal Plaster, floorings within flats/premises, etc.
(c) Installation of lifts, water pumps, Fire Fighting Fittings and Equipment as per CFO NOC, Electrical fittings to Common Areas, electro, mechanical equipment, Compliance to conditions of environment /CRZ NOC, Finishing to entrance lobby/s, plinth protection, Compound Wall and all other requirements.
(d) % Completion of Staircases, Lifts Wells and Lobbies at each Floor level connecting Staircases and Lifts, Overhead and Underground Water Tanks.
(e) The status of approvals- received, applied & expected the date of receipt, to be applied & date planned for application, Modifications, amendment, revisions issued by competent authority as to license, permit/approval for the project.
Thanks to the RERA Act, 2016 provisions which protect the homebuyers from every possibility of danger and keeps updated about the project status in which the homebuyers have invested.
For Project Registration, Click here.
- Separate account “not escrow account”
- What is a Lease Certificate?
- Things to keep in mind while entering into agreement for sale
- What is Phase-wise RERA Registration?
- Suo motu penalty order by MAHARERA on agents
- Penalty on Godrej Properties
- Responsibility of promoter till handing of possession
- What is Commencement Certificate?
- Obligations of promoter after registration of project
- What is Structure Stability Certificate?
- What is Land Survey Number?
- Obligations of promoter in case of transfer of project to third party
- Section 7-Revocation of Registration
- Disclosures to be made by promoter on RERA website
- What is RTC?
- How to file complaint in RERA Goa?
- How to file complaint in RERA Rajasthan?
- How to file complaint in RERA Bihar?
- How to file complaint in RERA Andhra Pradesh?
- What are Transfer Development Rights?
- Form B in RERA Act, 2016
- Transfer of Title in RERA
- What is Planning area in RERA?
- What is External Development work in RERA?
- What is Internal Development work in RERA?
- What are maintenance charges?
- What is NA Order?
- Withdrawal of projects in RERA
- What is Relinquishment deed?
- Extension of due date of QPR Submission in GUJRERA