2 years of RERA - The success and the failures
- Tuesday 7th May 2019
- Author: Riya Kapoor
Gujarat has registered a total number of 5317 projects leaving behind all other states except Maharashtra. Gujarat lacked in starting but state authorities provided adequate support to professional and promoters.
22 states and 6 Union Territories have already notified their RERA rules, out of which 19 states have active online portals. West Bengal is the only state which has frame its own act know as West Bengal Housing Industry Regulatory Authority (WBHIRA).
RERA intended to envelop developers as well as a real estate agent across the country.
As it stands now, 22 states and 6 Union Territories have already notified their RERA rules, out of which 19 states have active online portals. West Bengal is the only state which has frame its own act know as West Bengal Housing Industry Regulatory Authority (WBHIRA).
Maharashtra was one of the first states along with Madhya Pradesh which was ready with the website and started the registration process in the state on day one and since then it has issued over 70% of the countries certificate.
Karnataka’s Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) has seen three interim chiefs since April 18. Industry executives and experts said that the frequent change in the regulatory authority chiefs did not augur well for either the sector or the new institution. TSRERA has decided to keep the registration process of ongoing projects open for which permission has been taken between January 1, 2017, and August 31. Telangana State Real Estate Regulatory Authority (TSRERA) has decided to levy a penalty of Rs 50,000 on applications received after December 1, 2018. Goa has faced many hurdles in its registration process and several complaints were filed regarding poor connectivity and slow server. States such as Maharashtra, Karnataka, Gujarat, Rajasthan, M Madhya Pradesh, and Punjab have fully-operational RERA. Gujarat has registered a total number of 5317 projects leaving behind all other states except Maharashtra. Gujarat lacked in starting but state authorities provided adequate support to professional and promoters.
Present states of implementation :
Maharashtra is still ahead in the race with 20,720 registrations and about 19,000 agent registrations followed by the state of Gujarat with 5,317 RERA-registered projects and 899 registered real estate agents and third is Karnataka with 2530 projects and about 1342 agents.
Following is the status of the number of projects and agents enrolled with RERA :
So yes things are changing for the better. We can now say the nightmare of real estate is definitely over and the sector is moving towards a progressive path.
For consultancy related to these matters, Contact Us.
- Suo motu penalty order by MAHARERA on agents
- Penalty on Godrej Properties
- Responsibility of promoter till handing of possession
- What is Commencement Certificate?
- Obligations of promoter after registration of project
- What is Structure Stability Certificate?
- What is Land Survey Number?
- Obligations of promoter in case of transfer of project to third party
- Section 7-Revocation of Registration
- Disclosures to be made by promoter on RERA website
- What is RTC?
- How to file complaint in RERA Goa?
- How to file complaint in RERA Rajasthan?
- How to file complaint in RERA Bihar?
- How to file complaint in RERA Andhra Pradesh?
- What are Transfer Development Rights?
- Form B in RERA Act, 2016
- Transfer of Title in RERA
- What is Planning area in RERA?
- What is External Development work in RERA?
- What is Internal Development work in RERA?
- What are maintenance charges?
- What is NA Order?
- Withdrawal of projects in RERA
- What is Relinquishment deed?
- Extension of due date of QPR Submission in GUJRERA
- Rejection of project in RERA
- What is Sanctioned plan in RERA?
- Completion certificate V/S Occupation Certificate
- What is an Encumbrance Certificate?