No loans for builders not registered with RERA !
- Thursday 10th August 2017
- Author: Yash Verma
Banks have decided not to grant loans to the builders not registered with the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act.
Already been much rush with the registrations under the Act, courtesy the 31 st July deadline.
RERA has not missed making its presence felt.
Ever since the Act has been implemented in the nation, it has not missed making its presence felt. Where it has proven to be a trouble for builders and the real estate industry, the buyers seek to make the most benefit out of it. The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act was applied on 1 st May 2017 onwards by the Center, followed by the notifications from the state cabinets, which is still underway.
In a most recent report regarding the RERA, Banks have decided not to grant loans to the builders not registered with the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act. This decision has been taken after concerning with the Reserve Bank of India.
There has already been much rush with the registrations under the Act, courtesy the 31 st July deadline, which was for the registrations of projects followed with the fines on delayed registrations, now this decision of boycotting the unregistered builders from getting loans is set to make an enormous impact on the real estate industry. This will make the builders more cautious and will enforce them to get on board with the centrals Act as soon as possible.
However, as the Act has not been notified by all the states, this may also affect many builders negatively due to the lack of official bodies to carry out the RERA registrations. It will restrict them from getting the required funds to continue projects until the time there the RERA Authority is made. This will be the second blow since RERA’s existence to the real estate industry as previously the builders were made unable to advertise their projects unless registered under the Act.
However, the banks and officials have shown such attitude only to make sure that the lending of loans is only to the trusted builders which will secure the refunding of the consumer’s investments in case of bad loans. No doubt the real estate industry is going through a tough phase, and such steps display the kind of prudent nature everyone has towards the builders and industry, but the contribution seems to be for a bright future.
- How to file the complaint in MAHARERA
- All you need to know about RERA in West Bengal for real estate agents
- All you need to know about RERA in Telangana for real estate agents
- RERA’s impact on Maharashtra
- How much has RERA assisted home buyers in last one year?
- Advertisement guideline in RERA
- Simplified process of RERA Registration in India
- A simplified guide to RERA Goa
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Haryana
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Chhattisgarh
- Real Estate Project Registration in RERA
- Insights about GOA RERA for Real Estate Agents
- A Guide to RERA Karnataka
- Expectations of Real Estate Industry from budget 2018
- All facets of GST rate cut from 12% to 8% on affordable homes
- All you need to know about Project registration in Andhra Pradesh
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Andhra Pradesh
- All you need to know about RERA in Uttarakhand
- MahaRERA to issue notice to real estate brokers soon
- All you need to know about RERA in Karnataka
- RERA Karnataka Big Move- Sent legal notice to 780 projects
- “2017” - Most crucial year for Indian Real Estate
- RERA will now be governed under the Ministry of Urban Affairs
- Home loan industry suffers biggest drop in growth since 2013
- Major causes of litigations on builders under RERA
- MahaRERA brings changes in Procedure for Transferring or Assigning Promoters Rights and Liabilities to a Third Party
- Title Insurance under RERA - what promoters and homebuyers must be aware of !
- RERA fee structure for registrations in Jharkhand
- RERA report card : An analytical summary of the Real Estate Act so far !
- How absence of RERA is affecting the growth of Real Estate in these states