How can buyers file complaints against Builders in MAHA RERA?
- Wednesday 12th July 2017
- Author: Riya Kapoor
RERA mandates registration of every project having a size of above 500 square meters or more than 8 apartments.
The fees for filing a complaint with RERA in Maharashtra against builders is Rs. 5000.
In case the person is not satisfied with the decision made by RERA or its officer, he may file an appeal before the RERA Appellate Tribunal within a period of 60 days.
Food, Clothing & Shelter are considered essentials of life and every Human Being carries a sweet dream of owning a sweet Home in his life. Customers have very little knowledge of real estate business whether in public sector or in private sector and there is a wide gap between the demand and supply. Customers are being victimized in the real estate sector.
Now with the enactment of Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act 2016, Any aggrieved person including Allottee, Promoter, and Real Estate Agents can file complaints. RERA mandates registration of every project having a size of above 500 square meters or more than 8 apartments.
The fees for filing a complaint with RERA in Maharashtra against builders is Rs. 5000. The mode of payment is NEFT or RTGS System or any other digital transaction mode. A complainant can file complain online or at MAHARERA Desk in “ FORM A” provided by MAHARERA.
In case the person is not satisfied with the decision made by RERA or its officer, he may file an appeal before the RERA Appellate Tribunal within a period of 60 days.From the date of the decision made by Appellate Tribunal, a person can file an appeal to High Court within 60 days.
The complaints received will be probed by the team of 25 officials and once it will get verified, a suitable action, which may include a fine up to 10% of the project cost, will be taken against the builder.
Maharashtra was one of the first states in the country to build an authority in the Real Estate Regulation and Development Act 2016 is a step towards reforming the real estate sector in India, encouraging more transparency, accountability, and professionalism.
- Benami Transactions
- Project Registration process in RERA Madhya Pradesh
- Undivided Share of Land
- How to file complaint in RERA Punjab?
- Guide to Delhi Rent Control Act, 1958
- All you need to know about RERA in Delhi
- Slow Implementation of RERA in Karnataka
- How to file complaint in RERA Madhya Pradesh?
- 2 years of RERA - The success and the failures
- Infrastructure Augmentation Charges in Haryana
- How to file a complaint in HRERA?
- Seperate Account amount to remain intact, not to be used to repay loans
- Procedure for Withdraw of Real Estate Projects in Maharashtra
- Procedure for Withdraw of Real Estate Projects in Telangana
- Is Revocation of Registration of Real Estate Project-A Solution for all ?
- Guidelines for completion of project in Madhya Pradesh RERA
- Transfer of title from promoter to allottee
- Is your project covered in RERA ?
- Promoters Should Display the Sanctioned Plan at the Project Site
- A Simple Guide to RERA Telangana
- Form 3 v/s Form 5 in RERA
- Guide to RERA Gujarat
- What is Quality Assurance Certificate in MAHARERA ?
- What is Land cost and Construction cost in RERA ?
- RERA Separate bank account provisions
- How to advertise your RERA registered project ?
- Definition of Promoter in RERA
- Carpet area in RERA
- Role of Professionals in RERA
- Role of real estate agent in RERA