How can buyers file complaints against Builders in MAHA RERA?
- Wednesday 12th July 2017
- Author: Riya Kapoor
RERA mandates registration of every project having a size of above 500 square meters or more than 8 apartments.
The fees for filing a complaint with RERA in Maharashtra against builders is Rs. 5000.
In case the person is not satisfied with the decision made by RERA or its officer, he may file an appeal before the RERA Appellate Tribunal within a period of 60 days.
Food, Clothing & Shelter are considered essentials of life and every Human Being carries a sweet dream of owning a sweet Home in his life. Customers have very little knowledge of real estate business whether in public sector or in private sector and there is a wide gap between the demand and supply. Customers are being victimized in the real estate sector.
Now with the enactment of Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act 2016, Any aggrieved person including Allottee, Promoter, and Real Estate Agents can file complaints. RERA mandates registration of every project having a size of above 500 square meters or more than 8 apartments.
The fees for filing a complaint with RERA in Maharashtra against builders is Rs. 5000. The mode of payment is NEFT or RTGS System or any other digital transaction mode. A complainant can file complain online or at MAHARERA Desk in “ FORM A” provided by MAHARERA.
In case the person is not satisfied with the decision made by RERA or its officer, he may file an appeal before the RERA Appellate Tribunal within a period of 60 days.From the date of the decision made by Appellate Tribunal, a person can file an appeal to High Court within 60 days.
The complaints received will be probed by the team of 25 officials and once it will get verified, a suitable action, which may include a fine up to 10% of the project cost, will be taken against the builder.
Maharashtra was one of the first states in the country to build an authority in the Real Estate Regulation and Development Act 2016 is a step towards reforming the real estate sector in India, encouraging more transparency, accountability, and professionalism.
- What is a Lease Certificate?
- Things to keep in mind while entering into agreement for sale
- What is Phase-wise RERA Registration?
- Suo motu penalty order by MAHARERA on agents
- Penalty on Godrej Properties
- Responsibility of promoter till handing of possession
- What is Commencement Certificate?
- Obligations of promoter after registration of project
- What is Structure Stability Certificate?
- What is Land Survey Number?
- Obligations of promoter in case of transfer of project to third party
- Section 7-Revocation of Registration
- Disclosures to be made by promoter on RERA website
- What is RTC?
- How to file complaint in RERA Goa?
- How to file complaint in RERA Rajasthan?
- How to file complaint in RERA Bihar?
- How to file complaint in RERA Andhra Pradesh?
- What are Transfer Development Rights?
- Form B in RERA Act, 2016
- Transfer of Title in RERA
- What is Planning area in RERA?
- What is External Development work in RERA?
- What is Internal Development work in RERA?
- What are maintenance charges?
- What is NA Order?
- Withdrawal of projects in RERA
- What is Relinquishment deed?
- Extension of due date of QPR Submission in GUJRERA
- Rejection of project in RERA