How can buyers file complaints against Builders in MAHA RERA?
- Wednesday 12th July 2017
- Author: Riya Kapoor
RERA mandates registration of every project having a size of above 500 square meters or more than 8 apartments.
The fees for filing a complaint with RERA in Maharashtra against builders is Rs. 5000.
In case the person is not satisfied with the decision made by RERA or its officer, he may file an appeal before the RERA Appellate Tribunal within a period of 60 days.
Food, Clothing & Shelter are considered essentials of life and every Human Being carries a sweet dream of owning a sweet Home in his life. Customers have very little knowledge of real estate business whether in public sector or in private sector and there is a wide gap between the demand and supply. Customers are being victimized in the real estate sector.
Now with the enactment of Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act 2016, Any aggrieved person including Allottee, Promoter, and Real Estate Agents can file complaints. RERA mandates registration of every project having a size of above 500 square meters or more than 8 apartments.
The fees for filing a complaint with RERA in Maharashtra against builders is Rs. 5000. The mode of payment is NEFT or RTGS System or any other digital transaction mode. A complainant can file complain online or at MAHARERA Desk in “ FORM A” provided by MAHARERA.
In case the person is not satisfied with the decision made by RERA or its officer, he may file an appeal before the RERA Appellate Tribunal within a period of 60 days.From the date of the decision made by Appellate Tribunal, a person can file an appeal to High Court within 60 days.
The complaints received will be probed by the team of 25 officials and once it will get verified, a suitable action, which may include a fine up to 10% of the project cost, will be taken against the builder.
Maharashtra was one of the first states in the country to build an authority in the Real Estate Regulation and Development Act 2016 is a step towards reforming the real estate sector in India, encouraging more transparency, accountability, and professionalism.
- Promoters Should Display the Sanctioned Plan at the Project Site
- A Simple Guide to RERA Telangana
- Form 3 v/s Form 5 in RERA
- Guide to RERA Gujarat
- What is Quality Assurance Certificate in MAHARERA ?
- What is Land cost and Construction cost in RERA ?
- RERA Separate bank account provisions
- How to advertise your RERA registered project ?
- Definition of Promoter in RERA
- Carpet area in RERA
- Role of Professionals in RERA
- Role of real estate agent in RERA
- How to file complaint in GUJRERA
- RERA Project Registration in India
- How to file the complaint in MAHARERA
- All you need to know about RERA in West Bengal for real estate agents
- All you need to know about RERA in Telangana for real estate agents
- RERA’s impact on Maharashtra
- How much has RERA assisted home buyers in last one year?
- Advertisement guideline in RERA
- Simplified process of RERA Registration in India
- A simplified guide to RERA Goa
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Haryana
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Chhattisgarh
- Real Estate Project Registration in RERA
- Insights about GOA RERA for Real Estate Agents
- A Guide to RERA Karnataka
- Expectations of Real Estate Industry from budget 2018
- All facets of GST rate cut from 12% to 8% on affordable homes
- All you need to know about Project registration in Andhra Pradesh