How RERA will satisfy end users?
- Thursday 6th July 2017
- Author: Riya Kapoor
The customers can access all the documents of Promoters as law makes it mandatory to submit all the documents while applying for RERA Registration
70% amount needs to be deposited in a separate bank account to avoid diversion of funds to another project.This will go a long way in protecting the interest of the property buyer.
Every state will have its own regulatory, where an aggrieved person can file a complaint against the defaulter.
RERA act will reshape the home buying experience for buyers. Real Estate Regulatory Act was implemented on 01 May 2017 across the country. RERA aims to bring transparency and trust in the Indian Realty Sector. The act will help promote accountability, transparency, and efficiency in a sector that was considered cloudy due to unethical practice committed by some black sheeps in the market.
Before RERA there was no authority mechanism where buyers could get all the necessary details about the builder in one place. Now, RERA will safeguard the end users from unscrupulous activities by setting state-level RERA regulatory.
Let's have a look at some of the provisions of RERA which will benefit the end users:
- RERA has clearly defined Carpet area in the act. Customer will now have to pay for carpet area.
- If the promoter wants to alter any layout, written approval from 2/3 allottees is required
- The customers can access all the documents of Promoters as the law makes it mandatory to submit all the documents while applying for RERA Registration
- As per the act, promoters are required to repair any structural defects within 30 days up to 5 years from handing over of project
- 70% amount needs to be deposited in a separate bank account to avoid diversion of funds to another project. This will go a long way in protecting the interest of the property buyer.
- The Promoter has to form and register the Society within three months from the date 51% of the lots booked, in such a building or a wing, even if the project is under construction.
- The promoter will specify project completion time in RERA application. Thus, the promoter will be liable to follow the timeline as given.
- Section 13(1) of the Act forbid the promoter from taking more than 10% of the cost of the apartment without entering into a written agreement for sale, duly registered.
- Every state will have its own regulatory, where an aggrieved person can file a complaint against the defaulter.
- At the time of registration, the Promoters shall provide the details of past 5 years projects done and even what was the possession date promised and when was possession given.
Click Here to read RERA related quizzes for buyers.
These provisions will empower home buyers to make an informed decision before buying a unit from a developer or through a broker. RERA will surely have a far-reaching impact on the Indian Realty and will transform its working mechanism altogether.
- All you need to know about RERA in Telangana for real estate agents
- RERA’s impact on Maharashtra
- How much has RERA assisted home buyers in last one year?
- Advertisement guideline in RERA
- Simplified process of RERA Registration in India
- A simplified guide to RERA Goa
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Haryana
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Chhattisgarh
- Real Estate Project Registration in RERA
- Insights about GOA RERA for Real Estate Agents
- A Guide to RERA Karnataka
- Expectations of Real Estate Industry from budget 2018
- All facets of GST rate cut from 12% to 8% on affordable homes
- All you need to know about Project registration in Andhra Pradesh
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Andhra Pradesh
- All you need to know about RERA in Uttarakhand
- MahaRERA to issue notice to real estate brokers soon
- All you need to know about RERA in Karnataka
- RERA Karnataka Big Move- Sent legal notice to 780 projects
- “2017” - Most crucial year for Indian Real Estate
- RERA will now be governed under the Ministry of Urban Affairs
- Home loan industry suffers biggest drop in growth since 2013
- Major causes of litigations on builders under RERA
- MahaRERA brings changes in Procedure for Transferring or Assigning Promoters Rights and Liabilities to a Third Party
- Title Insurance under RERA - what promoters and homebuyers must be aware of !
- RERA fee structure for registrations in Jharkhand
- RERA report card : An analytical summary of the Real Estate Act so far !
- How absence of RERA is affecting the growth of Real Estate in these states
- Everything you need to know about RERA in Tamil Nadu !
- 10 must known points about Raj-RERA, the Real Estate Regulatory Authority of Rajasthan