AP RERA guidelines for promoters
- Monday 1st June 2020
- Author: Riya Kapoor
Govt. of India has declared COVID - 19 as an event of â€˜Force Majeureâ€™ under RERA.
Project Registrations are required to be completed within 6 months, instead of 45 days, from the date of obtaining Building Permission from the respective Competent Authorities, starting March 25, 2020.
In the view of the Corona Virus ( and Covid-19) pandemic and taking into consideration of the ongoing lockdown in the Country, Andhra Pradesh Real Estate Regulatory Authority has issued a circular and given guidelines as follows:
1. Govt. of India has declared COVID - 19 as an event of ‘Force Majeure’ under RERA.
2. Project Registrations are required to be completed within 6 months, instead of 45 days, from the date of obtaining Building Permission from the respective Competent Authorities, starting March 25, 2020.
3. Project Completion dates are extended by 6 months for all Registered Projects whose Project Completions date falls on or after March 25, 2020, without individual applications.
4. Fresh Project Registration Certificates will be issued by APRERA with revised timelines for the qualified registered projects.
5. The limit of statutory compliances related to Quarterly updates, in accordance with RERA Act, 2016, and AP RERA Rules, 2017 is also extended by 6 months. Quarter ending 31st March, 30th June and 30th September should be updated on or before 22nd October 2020.
6. Matters related to Complaints and Personal Hearings which are listed from 25-03-2020 are adjourned, until further instructions from this Authority.
These decisions taken by AP RERA shall help destress Real Estate Promoters and ensure completion of projects so that the Allottees are able to get delivery of their booked houses with new timelines.
For project registration in Andhra Pradesh, Click here
- RERA Agent Renewal in Maharashtra
- What is Title Verification and Search Report?
- Revocation under the RERA Act
- RERA Limitations
- Homebuyers right in case of insolvency
- Working of RERA after its enactment
- Legal Remedies if real estate project is stucked
- Rules governing Punjab RERA
- Best RERA Practices to be followed by Builders
- Legal rights transfer under RERA
Copyright © 2020 Rera Filing. All rights reserved.