What is Land Survey Number?
- Friday 6th September 2019
- Author: Shreya Uppal
While registering the land a land survey no is required. However, what does it exactly mean?
The record contains information like the location, size, shape, and ownership of the land created by the surveyor.
To know about the land survey number in India, one can check it online on the online portal made for Land Survey Number.
It provides specific information about the concerned land, helps in planning the development of adjoining areas
When a person wants to know about any property in any city, he can check the survey number. While registering the land a land survey no is required. However, what does it exactly mean?
Some general points relating to it has been stated below:
1. It is basically a unique number assigned to a specific piece of land provided by the Survey Department to a particular area of the earth’s surface or land to maintain records.
2. The record contains information like the location, size, shape, and ownership of the land created by the surveyor.
3. It is useful for many purposes such as to resolve legal disputes about a specific piece of land, provides specific information about the concerned land, helps in planning the development of adjoining areas and also facilitates selling or registering a particular piece of land.
4. The concerned authority in each state issues the land survey number where the officials inspect the piece of land to mark the boundaries leading to map with information about the size and shape of the land. For example, in Maharashtra, the Superintendent of Land Records and the Taluka Inspector of Land Records issue it.
5. To know about the land survey number in India, one can check it online on the online portal made for Land Survey Number. For instance, the Government of Karnataka has launched a mobile app “Dishaank” which allows the user to find the Land Survey No. of the current location within that state.
6. In order to verify the survey no. in case of doubts or discrepancies, one can contact the local municipal authority of that particular state and cross-verify the survey no. mentioned on the sale deed with the property tax bill and the assessment order passed by the municipal authority.
7. In order to correct the survey no. mentioned in the sale deed, one needs to approach the seller to prepare a rectification deed and have it duly stamped and registered.
Some of the websites to check online land records:
- A guide to SRO in Maharashtra
- Online Complain mechanism in UP-RERA
- Duties of Promoter under RERA
- Directions for “Font Size” of Registration Number in Advertisement of RERA Registered Project.
- Time schedule under Andhra Pradesh RERA
- All you need to know about agent registration in Kerala
- Guidelines for project registration in Karnataka
- Circular on Imposition of penalities for non compliance of Quarterly Compliances in Andhra Pradesh
- Guidelines for Releasing of advertisement in print and Electronic media
- All you need to know about stress funds
Copyright © 2020 Rera Filing. All rights reserved.