Simplified process of RERA Registration in India
- Thursday 30th August 2018
- Author: Riya Kapoor
Under Real Estate Regulatory and Development Act 2016 every real estate agent is required to get enrolled in RERA before making any sale or marketing.
The RERA registration number will be valid for 5 years.
will be renewed thereafter by submitting a renewal application 60 days prior to the expiry date.
Under Real Estate Regulatory and Development Act 2016 every real estate agent is required to get enrolled in RERA before making any sale or marketing. Section 9 and section 10 defines the roles and responsibilities of real estate consultant or agent in RERA.
Who is a real estate agent?
Section 2 (zm) of RERA clearly defines real estate agents. As per the definition, a "real estate agent" means any person, who negotiates or represents other persons for transfer of a real estate property by way of sale to another person and receives remuneration or fees or any other charges for his services whether as commission. A real estate agent is also a person who introduces, through any medium, prospective buyers and sellers to each other for negotiation for sale or purchase of real estate property, as the case may be, and includes property dealers, brokers, middlemen etc.
RERA Registration Process for Real Estate Agents
1) Submit application form along with the fees and documents as applicable.
2)The authorities shall deliver the registration number, along with the certificate, within 30 days from the date of registration.
3)The registration certificate should be displayed at the place of business. It should also be mentioned on advertisement collateral as well.
4)The agent shall maintain the book of accounts, records, and documents, separately for each real estate project.
Validity of Registration number
The RERA registration number will be valid for 5 years and will be renewed thereafter by submitting a renewal application 60 days prior to the expiry date.
Penalty in case of non-registration in RERA
Rs 10,000 per day during the period of failure and a maximum of up to 5% of the value of the project value.
Click Here to know more about RERA :
Click here to get RERA agent certificate.
- Fee structure for Project registrations under RERA in TELANGANA.
- Penalties on agents and builders in RERA
- MAHARERA issues direction in relation to filing of complaints
- TNRERA guidelines on advertisement in any form of media
- Quarterly Compliance for Delhi
- A Simple Guide to RERA Delhi
- HRERA to scrutinise realty projects in small cities
- RERA act applicable to plots under industrial projects : TNRERA Tribunal
- Imposition of late fee on non registration of project by APRERA
- Penalties on non submission of Quarterly compliances by APRERA
- Functions of the RERA Authority
- All you need to know about RERA in Himachal Pradesh
- Can a buyer approach multiple authorities simultaneously?
- How to file complaint in RERA Himachal Pradesh?
- Cancellation of allotment in RERA
- All you need to know about the Real Estate Appellate Tribunal
- What is Mortgage in RERA?
- Quarterly Compliance for Odisha
- Unfair practice in RERA
- Promoter responsibility for formation of allottees