What is Land Survey Number?
- Friday 6th September 2019
- Author: Shreya Uppal
While registering the land a land survey no is required. However, what does it exactly mean?
The record contains information like the location, size, shape, and ownership of the land created by the surveyor.
To know about the land survey number in India, one can check it online on the online portal made for Land Survey Number.
It provides specific information about the concerned land, helps in planning the development of adjoining areas
When a person wants to know about any property in any city, he can check the survey number. While registering the land a land survey no is required. However, what does it exactly mean?
Some general points relating to it has been stated below:
1. It is basically a unique number assigned to a specific piece of land provided by the Survey Department to a particular area of the earth’s surface or land to maintain records.
2. The record contains information like the location, size, shape, and ownership of the land created by the surveyor.
3. It is useful for many purposes such as to resolve legal disputes about a specific piece of land, provides specific information about the concerned land, helps in planning the development of adjoining areas and also facilitates selling or registering a particular piece of land.
4. The concerned authority in each state issues the land survey number where the officials inspect the piece of land to mark the boundaries leading to map with information about the size and shape of the land. For example, in Maharashtra, the Superintendent of Land Records and the Taluka Inspector of Land Records issue it.
5. To know about the land survey number in India, one can check it online on the online portal made for Land Survey Number. For instance, the Government of Karnataka has launched a mobile app “Dishaank” which allows the user to find the Land Survey No. of the current location within that state.
6. In order to verify the survey no. in case of doubts or discrepancies, one can contact the local municipal authority of that particular state and cross-verify the survey no. mentioned on the sale deed with the property tax bill and the assessment order passed by the municipal authority.
7. In order to correct the survey no. mentioned in the sale deed, one needs to approach the seller to prepare a rectification deed and have it duly stamped and registered.
Some of the websites to check online land records:
- Suo motu penalty order by MAHARERA on agents
- Penalty on Godrej Properties
- Responsibility of promoter till handing of possession
- What is Commencement Certificate?
- Obligations of promoter after registration of project
- What is Structure Stability Certificate?
- What is Land Survey Number?
- Obligations of promoter in case of transfer of project to third party
- Section 7-Revocation of Registration
- Disclosures to be made by promoter on RERA website
- What is RTC?
- How to file complaint in RERA Goa?
- How to file complaint in RERA Rajasthan?
- How to file complaint in RERA Bihar?
- How to file complaint in RERA Andhra Pradesh?
- What are Transfer Development Rights?
- Form B in RERA Act, 2016
- Transfer of Title in RERA
- What is Planning area in RERA?
- What is External Development work in RERA?
- What is Internal Development work in RERA?
- What are maintenance charges?
- What is NA Order?
- Withdrawal of projects in RERA
- What is Relinquishment deed?
- Extension of due date of QPR Submission in GUJRERA
- Rejection of project in RERA
- What is Sanctioned plan in RERA?
- Completion certificate V/S Occupation Certificate
- What is an Encumbrance Certificate?