Simplified process of RERA Registration in India
- Thursday 31st May 2018
- Author: Riya Kapoor
Under Real Estate Regulatory and Development Act 2016 every real estate agent is required to get enrolled in RERA before making any sale or marketing.
The RERA registration number will be valid for 5 years.
will be renewed thereafter by submitting a renewal application 60 days prior to the expiry date.
Under Real Estate Regulatory and Development Act 2016 every real estate agent is required to get enrolled in RERA before making any sale or marketing. Section 9 and section 10 defines the roles and responsibilities of real estate consultant or agent in RERA.
Who is a real estate agent?
Section 2 (zm) of RERA clearly defines real estate agents. As per the definition, a "real estate agent" means any person, who negotiates or represents other persons for transfer of a real estate property by way of sale to another person and receives remuneration or fees or any other charges for his services whether as commission. A real estate agent is also a person who introduces, through any medium, prospective buyers and sellers to each other for negotiation for sale or purchase of real estate property, as the case may be, and includes property dealers, brokers, middlemen etc.
RERA Registration Process for Real Estate Agents
1) Submit application form along with the fees and documents as applicable.
2)The authorities shall deliver the registration number, along with the certificate, within 30 days from the date of registration.
3)The registration certificate should be displayed at the place of business. It should also be mentioned on advertisement collateral as well.
4)The agent shall maintain the book of accounts, records, and documents, separately for each real estate project.
Validity of Registration number
The RERA registration number will be valid for 5 years and will be renewed thereafter by submitting a renewal application 60 days prior to the expiry date.
Penalty in case of non-registration in RERA
Rs 10,000 per day during the period of failure and a maximum of up to 5% of the value of the project value.
Click Here to know more about RERA :
Click here to get RERA agent certificate.
- RERA’s impact on Maharashtra
- How much has RERA assisted home buyers in last one year?
- Advertisement guideline in RERA
- Simplified process of RERA Registration in India
- A simplified guide to RERA Goa
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Haryana
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Chhattisgarh
- Real Estate Project Registration in RERA
- Insights about GOA RERA for Real Estate Agents
- A Guide to RERA Karnataka
- Expectations of Real Estate Industry from budget 2018
- All facets of GST rate cut from 12% to 8% on affordable homes
- All you need to know about Project registration in Andhra Pradesh
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Andhra Pradesh
- All you need to know about RERA in Uttarakhand
- MahaRERA to issue notice to real estate brokers soon
- All you need to know about RERA in Karnataka
- RERA Karnataka Big Move- Sent legal notice to 780 projects
- “2017” - Most crucial year for Indian Real Estate
- RERA will now be governed under the Ministry of Urban Affairs
- Home loan industry suffers biggest drop in growth since 2013
- Major causes of litigations on builders under RERA
- MahaRERA brings changes in Procedure for Transferring or Assigning Promoters Rights and Liabilities to a Third Party
- Title Insurance under RERA - what promoters and homebuyers must be aware of !
- RERA fee structure for registrations in Jharkhand
- RERA report card : An analytical summary of the Real Estate Act so far !
- How absence of RERA is affecting the growth of Real Estate in these states
- Everything you need to know about RERA in Tamil Nadu !
- 10 must known points about Raj-RERA, the Real Estate Regulatory Authority of Rajasthan
- Defect Liability period under RERA – and how homebuyers can benefit from it!