Insights about GOA RERA for Real Estate Agents
- Monday 5th March 2018
- Author: Riya Kapoor
Goa RERA notified RERA rules on 24thNovember 2017.
No real estate agent shall facilitate the sale or purchase of or act on behalf of any person to facilitate the sale or purchase of any plot, apartment or building.
Under this Act, State Government is required to establish Real Estate Regulatory Authority for regulation and promotion of the real estate sector in the State.
The real estate agent shall pay a registration fee at the time of application for registration through online mode at the time of online registration.
The government of India has enacted the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act 2016 and all the provisions of the Act have come into force with effect from May 1, 2017. Under this Act, State Government is required to establish Real Estate Regulatory Authority for regulation and promotion of the real estate sector in the State. Goa RERA notified RERA rules on 24thNovember 2017.
All Real Estate Agents should register under this Act. No real estate agent shall facilitate the sale or purchase of or act on behalf of any person to facilitate the sale or purchase of any plot, apartment or building, as the case may be, in a real estate project or part of it, without obtaining registration under this section.
Registration Fees of RERA in Goa for real estate agents
The real estate agent shall pay a registration fee at the time of application for registration through online mode at the time of online registration, for a sum of Rs.10,000/- in the case of the applicant being an individual or Rs.1,00,000/- in the case of the applicant being anyone other than an individual.
Validity of Registration number: Real estate agents will get a certificate number which will be valid for five years. Every registered real estate agent shall quote his number of registration on all the documents relating to the advertisement, marketing, selling or purchase issued by the real estate agent along with the number of registration certificate of the real estate project.
Renewal of Registration: RERA certificate for agents can be renewed after 5 years.
Documents required for RERA Registration:
1) Passport size photograph of agents/ directors /partners
2) Copy of Aadhar card of agents /directors/partners
3) PAN card of real estate agent in case of individual or PAN card of Firm
4) Authenticated copy of the address proof of the place of business
5) Particulars of the Registration including the bye-laws, memorandum of association, articles of association etc
Jurisdiction: This Registration number will be valid for the entire state of Goa.
The real estate agent shall maintain and preserve his books of accounts, records, and documents in accordance with the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Every registered real estate agent shall prominently display the number of his Registration Certificate at his principal place of business and at its branch offices
Click here to be a RERA registered real estate agent.
- RERA’s impact on Maharashtra
- How much has RERA assisted home buyers in last one year?
- Advertisement guideline in RERA
- Simplified process of RERA Registration in India
- A simplified guide to RERA Goa
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Haryana
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Chhattisgarh
- Real Estate Project Registration in RERA
- Insights about GOA RERA for Real Estate Agents
- A Guide to RERA Karnataka
- Expectations of Real Estate Industry from budget 2018
- All facets of GST rate cut from 12% to 8% on affordable homes
- All you need to know about Project registration in Andhra Pradesh
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Andhra Pradesh
- All you need to know about RERA in Uttarakhand
- MahaRERA to issue notice to real estate brokers soon
- All you need to know about RERA in Karnataka
- RERA Karnataka Big Move- Sent legal notice to 780 projects
- “2017” - Most crucial year for Indian Real Estate
- RERA will now be governed under the Ministry of Urban Affairs
- Home loan industry suffers biggest drop in growth since 2013
- Major causes of litigations on builders under RERA
- MahaRERA brings changes in Procedure for Transferring or Assigning Promoters Rights and Liabilities to a Third Party
- Title Insurance under RERA - what promoters and homebuyers must be aware of !
- RERA fee structure for registrations in Jharkhand
- RERA report card : An analytical summary of the Real Estate Act so far !
- How absence of RERA is affecting the growth of Real Estate in these states
- Everything you need to know about RERA in Tamil Nadu !
- 10 must known points about Raj-RERA, the Real Estate Regulatory Authority of Rajasthan
- Defect Liability period under RERA – and how homebuyers can benefit from it!