MahaRERA to issue notice to real estate brokers soon
- Monday 5th February 2018
- Author: Riya Kapoor
MahaRERA has decided to jump down censurable broker’s throat by issuing notice for property brokers’ registration soon.
This obligatory process of registration comes in the wake of flout brokers’ wrongdoings.
For individual registration, real estate brokers need to pay Rs. 10,000 each but in “other than individual” case they shall pay a lofty amount of Rs. 1 lakh.
CREBAI said that there are approx 80% of the brokers who are dealing with re-sale and secondary property.
A bitter situation will arise for Realty Sector brokers from Maharashtra because MahaRERA has decided to jump down censurable broker’s throat by issuing notice for property brokers’ registration soon. Some facts and statistics have been disclosed by Confederation of Real Estate Brokers Association of India’s (CREBAI) Maharashtra which stated that; until now, 7,000 property brokers have already registered with MahaRERA. Hence, it can be drawn from above-mentioned facts that as of now, the registration process of 12% Real Estate brokers has been done with the authority.
The chairman of MahaRERA, Gautam Chatterjee has expressed concern over this bleak registration statistics of the brokers. These figures showcase very poor registration numbers thus MahaRERA will be going to do broker’s registration mandatory. This obligatory process of registration comes in the wake of flout brokers’ wrongdoings. It has seen that many brokers make sky-high promises to lure more homebuyers without even registering themselves under RERA Act. To curb such malpractices they need to compel for doing registration formalities. There are almost 1 lakh and odd property brokers which are yet to register. In spite of that Confederation of Real Estate Brokers Association of India’s (CREBAI) is aware of broker’s limitations and problems. In a statement, which is given by CREBAI, it said that there are approx 80% of the brokers who are dealing with re-sale and secondary property and they are hesitant to register themselves under this act; however, RERA rules stipulate that only a certified (Maha-RERA-registered) broker can market newly registered projects. Since the issuance of notification of mandatory broker’s registration is on its way, they will be liable to register to persist in Realty Sector. There are certain numbers for real estate brokers marketing new projects which are under the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 purview and this act was introduced in Maharashtra on 1 May 2017.
On the contrary, brokers have their certain requests to MahaRERA. Brokers are not settled with the disparity in registration fees. A certified real estate broker, Rajan Anthony stated that why is the huge difference in registration fees structure in the same state moreover in the same sector (Realty Sector)? For individual registration, real estate brokers need to pay Rs. 10,000 each but in “other than individual” case they shall pay a lofty amount of Rs. 1 lakh. In the era of RERA only authentic brokers and builders will be able to luxuriate in the Realty sector.
- Promoters Should Display the Sanctioned Plan at the Project Site
- A Simple Guide to RERA Telangana
- Form 3 v/s Form 5 in RERA
- Guide to RERA Gujarat
- What is Quality Assurance Certificate in MAHARERA ?
- What is Land cost and Construction cost in RERA ?
- RERA Separate bank account provisions
- How to advertise your RERA registered project ?
- Definition of Promoter in RERA
- Carpet area in RERA
- Role of Professionals in RERA
- Role of real estate agent in RERA
- How to file complaint in GUJRERA
- RERA Project Registration in India
- How to file the complaint in MAHARERA
- All you need to know about RERA in West Bengal for real estate agents
- All you need to know about RERA in Telangana for real estate agents
- RERA’s impact on Maharashtra
- How much has RERA assisted home buyers in last one year?
- Advertisement guideline in RERA
- Simplified process of RERA Registration in India
- A simplified guide to RERA Goa
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Haryana
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Chhattisgarh
- Real Estate Project Registration in RERA
- Insights about GOA RERA for Real Estate Agents
- A Guide to RERA Karnataka
- Expectations of Real Estate Industry from budget 2018
- All facets of GST rate cut from 12% to 8% on affordable homes
- All you need to know about Project registration in Andhra Pradesh