RERA Karnataka Big Move- Sent legal notice to 780 projects
- Thursday 4th January 2018
- Author: Vikas Tawar
RERA Karnataka started a drive in this year and it has sent notices to 780 Developers as per Section 3 for Non Registration
All developers whose names are mentioned in this list will be getting a hard copy of the notice on their postal addresses and they have to provide occupancy certificate or reason for non-submission of application to RERA Karnataka through email on “email@example.com” within 7 days from receiving this notice.
a tab named as “Report unregistered project” by clicking on that consumers can intimate authority about builders who are not registered with the RERA authority.
Registration in RERA Karnataka was started off on 24th July 2017 but even after 5 months; only 2600 projects have been registered in the state. In order to accelerate this process, RERA Karnataka started a drive in this year and it has sent notices to 780 Developers as per section 3 of RERA Act which prohibits a developer from selling or marketing any projects without getting RERA Registration Approval from the Authority. In order to identify non-registered project RERA Karnataka Authority has chosen a method where it is extracting information from the developer’s website and making a list of non registered projects.
However, it has wreaked havoc on the credibility of developers of 780 Real Estate projects on Wednesday by putting one highlighted disclaimer in bold red on its website. Disclaimer stated, “Public is hereby informed that these projects are not registered with RERA and are under INVESTIGATION. The Public is warned that dealing with these projects is at their own risks these are not registered with RERA.” As a matter of fact, several projects, out of 780, from that list are already delivered or completed but they have not categorized properly by the builders on their websites in “completed or delivered” list. All developers whose names are mentioned in this list will be getting a hard copy of the notice on their postal addresses and they have to provide occupancy certificate or reason for non-submission of application to RERA Karnataka through email on “firstname.lastname@example.org” within 7 days from receiving this notice. If builders fail to comply with the notice, they have to pay penalty as per section 3 point 59 (1) of the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 i.e. up to 10% of the project cost of the real estate project as determined by the authority.
In order to extract more information about unregistered projects RERA Karnataka also introduced a tab named as “Report unregistered project” by clicking on that consumers can intimate authority about builders who are not registered with the RERA authority. This move will surely provide some relief to the consumers who were suffering from unscrupulous developers and retain their confidence towards RERA Karnataka Authority.
Surely all these moves will accelerate the process of registration in the state and many builders who were trying to escape from the act will be on the radar of RERA. However, RERA Karnataka authority should act more responsibly so the integrity of some genuine builders can’t leave in tatter.
- What is a Lease Certificate?
- Things to keep in mind while entering into agreement for sale
- What is Phase-wise RERA Registration?
- Suo motu penalty order by MAHARERA on agents
- Penalty on Godrej Properties
- Responsibility of promoter till handing of possession
- What is Commencement Certificate?
- Obligations of promoter after registration of project
- What is Structure Stability Certificate?
- What is Land Survey Number?
- Obligations of promoter in case of transfer of project to third party
- Section 7-Revocation of Registration
- Disclosures to be made by promoter on RERA website
- What is RTC?
- How to file complaint in RERA Goa?
- How to file complaint in RERA Rajasthan?
- How to file complaint in RERA Bihar?
- How to file complaint in RERA Andhra Pradesh?
- What are Transfer Development Rights?
- Form B in RERA Act, 2016
- Transfer of Title in RERA
- What is Planning area in RERA?
- What is External Development work in RERA?
- What is Internal Development work in RERA?
- What are maintenance charges?
- What is NA Order?
- Withdrawal of projects in RERA
- What is Relinquishment deed?
- Extension of due date of QPR Submission in GUJRERA
- Rejection of project in RERA