10 Things buyers must know about RERA
- Friday 12th May 2017
- Author: Vikas Tawar
RERA will bring much needed regulations and transparency to the people who involved in this sector. Consumers drive the sector by investing their hard earned money.
Before buying any plot/ flat, check whether the real estate project is registered by visiting the webpage of the builder in the website of RERA.
Never buy flat from unregistered real estate builder.
RERA will bring much-needed regulations and transparency to the people who involved in this sector. Consumers drive the sector by investing their hard earned money. It has been marked by a lack of trust and confidence between consumers and projects developers. This act has created a set of rights and obligations for both the consumers as well as developers.
Following are the Dos and Don’ts for the buyer!!
1. Never buy a flat in an unregistered real estate project.
2. Before buying any plot/ flat, check whether the real estate project is registered by visiting the webpage of the builder in the website of RERA.
3. Do not book in real estate projects through unregistered real estate agents
4. Read the prospectus carefully and cross check it with information on the web page of the project.
5. Do not pay more than 10% of the cost of flat or plot as booking amount without first entering into an agreement for sale with the builders
6. Pay only by cheque or DD
7. Verify that agreement for sale is in prescribed standard form
8. Deduct Tds @ 1% from payments if the cost of flats is more than Rs. 50, 00,000
9. Bring any structural or other defects to the notice of builder within 5 years of getting possession
10. Maintain records, ITR copies systematically for future purpose
So, this act will give a sigh of relief to consumers.It is going to make consumers happy and it will give some sort of comfort to real estate developers as well.
- How to file complaint in GUJRERA
- RERA Project Registration in India
- How to file the complaint in MAHARERA
- All you need to know about RERA in West Bengal for real estate agents
- All you need to know about RERA in Telangana for real estate agents
- RERA’s impact on Maharashtra
- How much has RERA assisted home buyers in last one year?
- Advertisement guideline in RERA
- Simplified process of RERA Registration in India
- A simplified guide to RERA Goa
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Haryana
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Chhattisgarh
- Real Estate Project Registration in RERA
- Insights about GOA RERA for Real Estate Agents
- A Guide to RERA Karnataka
- Expectations of Real Estate Industry from budget 2018
- All facets of GST rate cut from 12% to 8% on affordable homes
- All you need to know about Project registration in Andhra Pradesh
- All you need to know about Agent registration in Andhra Pradesh
- All you need to know about RERA in Uttarakhand
- MahaRERA to issue notice to real estate brokers soon
- All you need to know about RERA in Karnataka
- RERA Karnataka Big Move- Sent legal notice to 780 projects
- “2017” - Most crucial year for Indian Real Estate
- RERA will now be governed under the Ministry of Urban Affairs
- Home loan industry suffers biggest drop in growth since 2013
- Major causes of litigations on builders under RERA
- MahaRERA brings changes in Procedure for Transferring or Assigning Promoters Rights and Liabilities to a Third Party
- Title Insurance under RERA - what promoters and homebuyers must be aware of !
- RERA fee structure for registrations in Jharkhand